Introducing the Nerd Station
Exclusively for BlogPodium attendees, The Nerd Station by Camp Tech features a table of web designers and developers, eager to help you with your blog issues.
Book a one-on-one consultation with your Nerd – a friendly expert who can help you with your blog. Bring your technical and design issues, and we’ll get you sorted out. Plugin configuration issues? Trouble picking a theme? Concerned about your website’s backup and security settings? The Nerds are on-hand and ready to help you.
There is no extra charge for a Nerd Station consultation – it’s included in your BlogPodium ticket.
Types of Consultations Offered:
1. Technical WordPress Consultation // Having technical trouble with your self-hosted WordPress site? Book a consultation with a WordPress Nerd. They can help you configure Google Analytics and any plugins (like SEO by Yoast and Jetpack). Make small tweaks to your theme, or address problems with your website’s navigation bar. If it’s a technical issue with WordPress, this is the right type of consultation for you.
2. Website Design Consultation // Consult with a professional web designer, who can help you pick a theme for your blog, change the fonts to make the site more readable / legible, or update your colour palette. Your Design Nerd can give you page layout ideas, and graphic and photo tips. If you have a design concern, this is the consultation you’ll want to book.
How to Book:
Visit Camp Tech’s online scheduler, choose your type of consultation, go to September 26 and pick a time slot.
Bonus! Everyone who visits the Nerd Station will be entered into a random draw to win a $200 gift certificate to Camp Tech, which can be redeemed for tech classes or private training.
How to Prepare for Your Consultation:
- Consultation sessions are 20 minutes, so bring one issue you really want to focus on, and be prepared to explain it and address it quickly
- Arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled time
- Bring your laptop, and have it open and ready
- Bring all your login information (user IDs and passwords) for your site, your website hosting company, etc.