By now were all getting quite proficient in Instagram use; it has quickly become one of the coolest social media outlets. It is extremely awesome for us creative visual folk who perhaps don’t speak that well in words but can style a photo like no-ones business, have a unique eye for the rare, and want to share their beauty with the world with just the click of a button, and maybe a filter or two. Visit Fynes Designs if you want to know what Instagram Apps I use the most.
Have you used Instagram yet to share a contest with your followers? It super fun and really easy to execute. Follow these simple steps to host your own Instagram contest.
- If you’re not already using Iconosquare (formally Staisgram) you should sign up. I really prefer to browse Instagram the ‘old fashion’ way through the app, but Iconosquare has some great features like stats, manage features, and most importantly for this purpose it will let you see your whole list of commenters.
- When choosing a prize take into consideration the size, because you’ll have to mail it. Gift cards, stationary/ cards, pretty papers all make great flat, lightweight prizes.
- Decide on how to tell your followers about the contest. I like to use a photo of the prize, but some just use text, or if you have the time add some text to your photo so it jumps out what’s going on. Here are a few examples of insta contests I’ve done…
- Write your description. Keep it short and to the point (trust me – I’ve tested this – short and sweet). Tell your viewers: what the prize is; the actions they need to perform to be eligible (you can be creative here – ask to repost the photo to their feed, follow an account, tag a friend, share it on another form of social media, use an original hashtag, tag a brand, etc.); along with the close date/when the winner will be announced. It could read something like this:
WIN this (your cool prize here) one for you, one for your friend! How to win: 1.) Follow me 2.) Like this post 3.) Tag a friend, one per line. Winner announced 01/01/14
Giveaway time! (Your cool prize here) up for grabs! Regram this pic, follow @yournamehere and tag #awesomehashtaghere Contest ends 01/01/14
- Now post your pic and watch the entries roll in.
- When the contest closes you’ll need to determine the number of entries by referring to the amount of comments you’ve received. Or searching your hashtag. In the upper right corner there will be number.
- Then using random number generator enter the amount of entries (say 205) to find a winning number.
- Here is the tedious part. Open the contest photo in Iconosquare, click view all comments. Starting at the top of the list count down until you reach the number the random generator gave you. That’s your winner! For Re-posts with a hashtag- you will search the hashtag and count up from the very first photo (which should be yours announcing the giveaway).
Now go forth and host a fun giveaway for your followers and hopefully gain some new!
If you’re looking for some insta love look me up @vfynes, I’d love to see what catches your eye!