Tim Lam of Design Maze is a shopper extraordinare. If you follow him on Instagram, you’ll know that Tim has a knack for making the best home decor finds, picking just the right hostess gifts, and knowing about the hottest stores before everyone else. If you’re visiting Toronto for BlogPodium, you’ll want to leave some time to visit some of Tim’s favourite shops.
Hi, my name is Tim and I like to shop. Well, I like to shop … a lot. This may be an unusual way to introduce myself to hundreds of inspiring and talented design/ lifestyle bloggers, but if you live in Toronto where home décor and furniture stores are practically around every corner, you will understand why I may need my own chapter of intervention.
True to the core value of BlogPodium, we are gathered together to collaborate and to share our expertise in interior decorating, renovations, fashion, food, lifestyle and much more. Today, I am here to share with you my Top 10 Shopping Destinations in Toronto.
- Decorum Decorative Finds: loved by interior designers and décor enthusiasts, Decorum offers one of a kind vintage treasures you simply can’t find anywhere else. From vintage Italian Murano glass chandelier to antique furniture with art deco flair, there is always a special piece waiting for you to take home.
- West Elm: if you are looking for modern, contemporary furnishings and accessories, then you have got to visit West Elm at Liberty Village. Strive to look after their clients’ every need, West Elm has recently lounged the Market in Toronto, offering a full line of household, personal care products with a greener future in mind.
- HomeSense: for those who know me, you know I am in a serious relationship with HomeSense. The purchasing team has definitely done an amazing job finding us high style home décor and furnishings at unbeatable prices. With hundreds of items arriving the stores weekly, there really is always something new.
- Style Garage: streamlined, tailored, and refined, these are the key words that make Style Garage stands out from the fierce furniture market in Toronto. Determined to support local craftspeople and source materials sustainably, its signature, made-to-order furniture collection is made in Canada! Kudos to green living in style!
- Chapters/Indigo: completely transformed from being just the bookstore, Chapters/ Indigo now offers a sensational collection of home décor, entertainment essentials, and fashion accessories that surely brightens your eyes the moment you step into the store.
- The Bay: I love the signature multistripe from the HBC Collection. From blankets and tote bags to watches and bow ties, this classic red, yellow, navy and green palette is what I call “true patriot love”.
- Vintage Fine Object: this is hands-down one of my absolutely favourite spots for exquisite treasures to transform any spaces into magazine worthy home sweet home. Mr. Kevin Austin of Vintage Fine Object has exceptional taste and he shops high and low to bring you a wide variety of vintage loves at affordable prices. My personal obsession at Vintage Fine Object? Faux Bamboo
- Tonic Living: no room is completed without colors, patterns, and texture, so I say, let’s have some fun with fabrics! Tonic Living carries hundreds of delicious fabric options and a full line of services from in-house custom drapery, decorative throw pillows, to access of local craftsman for furniture reupholstery. Tonic Living is truly my fabric one-stop-shop!
- Pi’lo: looking for delicate, serene, and elegant decorative accessories or the perfect holiday gifts, I highly recommend you check out Pi’lo. Heather is the talented local artisan behind Pi’lo and I love her clean line, organic design aesthetics. Two of my Must-Haves for Christmas: felt bird ornaments + star wand (I use it as my tree topper!)
- Designer Inspired Interiors: this ultra stylish and eclectic store at King East Design District is curated by Jamie Alexander, the owner and principal designer of Jamie Alexander Design, with treasures he found from around the globe to create a lived-in, layered look. From soft, luxurious upholstery on custom sofa/chairs to overscaled showstopper sculptural chandelier for an industrial vibe, Designer Inspired Interiors has got you covered.