Christine Shankowsky of Just Bella will be travelling from her home in Edmonton, Alberta to attend BlogPodium, her first blogger conference! Like many of us, she wants to be well prepared. Find out what she’s packing in her carry-on.
BlogPodium is just around the corner and, as a notorious over packer, I’ve already started thinking about what to bring with me. In an effort to keep things in check and organized, I’ve come up with a list of essentials for your BlogPodium bound bag.
|1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9|
1. smart phone – I’m quite positive that I don’t need to remind you of this one. If there’s one thing we bloggers are, it’s connected. Be sure to have twitter/facebook/instagram ready!
2. a laptop or iPad – A laptop may be a bit heavy but an iPad is definitely an option for taking digital notes. I suggest one of these keyboard/case for typing with ease on the go.
3. phone, laptop, iPad chargers – With all the connectivity mentioned above you are sure to use up some juice. Do not forget your chargers!! And if you want to feel extra prepared there are always portable battery backups.
4. large tote bag – That’s a lot of stuff up there, don’t forget a large stylish bag to put it all in!
5. clothing in layers – I won’t get too specific about what to wear (that’s a whole other post!) but layers might be a good idea. As someone who is always cold, I always have an extra layer on hand. You never know what you’re going to get in those hotel ballrooms.
6. notebook – Gadgets are always nice but nothing beats the old pen and paper. Pack a cute notebook and pen for taking notes too.
7. business cards – Guaranteed you are going to mix and mingle with some fantastic people, have your business/blog card handy for sharing with your new friends. Insider tip: you can store them in the back of your plastic name tag holder so you don’t need a separate business card holder.
8. mints – Pretty self explanatory: nobody likes bad breath.
9. cute, comfortable shoes – You’ll be up and about on your feet all day long, make sure to pack something cute and comfortable.
10.30 second elevator pitch – This is something you can’t really pack but is so important. Be prepared to give a brief summary of who you are and what your blog is all about. A quick 2 – 3 sentence summary that you can share with PR reps, brands and other bloggers.
11.media kit – I’ll give you extra bonus points for this one (because confession: I don’t have one) but a media kit can give you a huge advantage when approaching sponsors. If you don’t carry one with you, consider having one ready to go to email as a follow up to potential sponsors or brands you want to work with.
Mostly importantly come with a positive attitude and ready to have fun! I’ll be doing my best to check my nerves at the door and am looking forward to seeing you all there. Please come and say hi!